Sunday 18 November 2012

Remembrance Day Edition

Sunday 11 Nov

That one day each year when we spare a thought for all those who have paid the ultimate price in protecting our way of life.  I didn't go to any of the services, I just had a private moment in the shed where I raised a glass of  "Nelson's Blood" (Rum) to those who have gone before us.
Was great to speak to on the phone this evening.
There has been loads of rugby on this weekend - the Autumn Internationals - England 54 - 12 Fiji, France 33 - Australia 6, Ireland 12 - South Africa 16, Wales 12 - 26 Argentina (there will be no singing in the hillside this evening), Scotland 22 - New Zealand 51.

Monday 12 Nov

Bought some shares in Kingfisher and Lok'n Store.  Now its a waiting game to see if their share price rises and to collect the dividends when they are paid.

Tuesday 13 Nov

Won £2 with an on-line lottery scratch card.  Well, when I say won, the card cost £2, so I really only got me money back.  I wonder, will I win the Euromillions tonight - the jackpot is £136 million!!

Wednesday 14 Nov

Golden Leaves, you can just make out patches of frost on the grass.
Surprisingly I didn't win the Euromillions last night!  Some lucky snail eating French git got the jackpot! 
It seems like all of a sudden the leaves on the trees at the bottom of the garden have turned from green to a golden brown and are now falling from the branches.  We have a carpet of fallen leaves around the shed already.
The kit to brew some more Belgian beer arrived today.  I've left it too late for it to be ready for Xmas but I reckon it should be just right for the first BBQ of 2013.
Got a Poinsettia plant for the house for Xmas.  Just hope the red leaves stay red for the period.

Thursday 15 Nov

Woke up this morning with a very sore toe.  Yep its another dreaded gout attack.
Mum went down the Winch with the ladies, Han and Matt were out, so it was curry for tea for me!
Poinsettia
Major problems at work with our e-mails.  It looks like we will have to purchase a new computer for the admin desk.  If nothing else it might keep Louisa quiet for a bit.  She's been off today and will be tomorrow also.  She's spending 12 hours at the cinema watching the Twilight movies that are playing one after another!

Friday 16 Nov

Foot is getting sorer.  Couldn't bare to wear my shoe today.  Hobbling around like an invalid.
Mum didn't want any tea tonight, said she wasn't feeling too good but wouldn't tell me any more.  If its anything serious I'm sure I'll get to know eventually.

Saturday 17 Nov

Terrible night last night.  The toe was really painful and swollen.  Couldn't sleep and spent the night on the sofa.  I remember seeing 5am and then all of a sudden it was 7:45 and I'm late getting up for work.  Couldn't bear to wear socks and so went into work in my holiday sandals - NO not the old leather ones!!
After work Nev and myself took a trip out to PC World to buy a new PC for the admin desk.  We ended up getting a new lap top too.  Your old one, which we use for on-line stock ordering and the accounts has started playing up so we thought we'd better replace it too.  It would be a nightmare if we lost all the accounts data!
Red Chilli
Arrived home to find Mum still not feeling too good.  Again she didn't want any tea but had some soup later on in the evening.  I hope we're both better by next weekend, cos that's when we are going to Combe Martin for the weekend.
Well I might not have won the Euromillions on Tuesday, but I DID on Friday!  Don't go getting too excited, was only £6.40!  But hey, a win is a win!
What d'ya reckon to our prize red chilli?  Good Eh?  Did I mention we've got another growing but its still green at the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment