Sunday 13 January 2013

The Shite Shirt Edition

My Shite Shirt

Sunday 6 Jan

Hoorah!  Mum managed to get to bed last night and  get some proper sleep.
It was a misty morning but Hannah cycled into work.
Normal Sunday chores then had a bit of a tidy in the shed - getting rid of the empty bottles and cardboard boxes ready for recycling.
One of the draw fronts' on the kitchen cabinets fell off.  Well I say fell off but it is more likely that it was forced off by the amount of stuff that was crammed into the draw.  Hopefully I can repair it.
Then it was lazy Sunday afternoon in front of the box.


Monday 7 Jan

Another rough night on the sofa has persuaded Mum to go to the doctor's.  They've given her some pills which will hopefully do the trick.
Hannah departed for Centre Parcs  at Longleat with Matt and his family.  They are spending the week there. Hope they have a great time.
Louisa is back at work.


Tuesday 8 Jan

On the way home this evening it became apparent that one of the bulbs in the headlights has blown.  I shall have to make a trip to Halfords tomorrow to get another.


Wednesday 9 Jan.

You'd think changing the headlight bulb would be quite simple?  I discovered this evening that it wasn't as simple as you may think!  I was going to change both but when I opened the bonnet I discovered that to change the driver's side bulb (thankfully the one that had blown) you had to remove the windscreen washer filler tube to get to the back of the fitting, then because of the layout you had to change the unit blind because you can't see anything!  I think I managed it.  The passenger side is another problem altogether, you have to remove the battery and its holder before you can even think about the bulb!  I didn't go there this time!


Thursday 10 Jan.

My Shite Shirt in all it's glory - ain't it fab!
Went out for a curry this evening with Andrew and Nev.  We went to the Blue Mango which used to be The Westgate Inn at the bottom of Compass Hill.  They've done a really good job of converting the pub into a restaurant and the food was delicious.
Mum is still battling the bug and has spent most night sleeping on the sofa.


Friday 11 Jan

Han and Matt returned from Centre Parcs and then immediately left again to go to Collumpton, I expect we will hear all about it when they get back tomorrow.


Saturday 12 Jan

Picked up Han and Mum from Sainsbury's on the way home.  They decided they were going to watch "Ice Age 4" on the blue-ray.  Yeah! OK, I watched it too!  So peanuts, crisps, pop-corn and a movie for Saturday evening - can't be bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment