Sunday 14 October 2012

Autumn Has Arrived

Sunday 7 Oct

Thankfully the gout has eased overnight, the pills must be kicking in.  
Virginia Creeper going red
You can tell Autumn has arrived, the Virginia Creeper on the outside of the house has turned a lovely shade of red.
Mum caught this pic of a pigeon waiting for the squirrel to finish on the bird table.  I think we have 2 squirrels using the garden now.  One is very brave, I've seen him on the wooden fence by the kitchen door.
Lazy day today, ipad games and TV with my foot up (what a poor excuse!).

Spoke to the people today who were going to buy Granddad's bungalow.  Due to the fact that they haven't managed to sell their own place and that they will not get as much as they had hoped for they have decided to pull out.  So it looks like we'll have to put the place on the market after all.

Bird Table?



Monday 8 Oct

Got some bad news today.  Granddad may have a recurrence of his bladder cancer.  His doctor wants him to go into hospital for exploratory operation.  Got to say I am a little worried .  On top of all his other problems this is the last thing he needs.

Tuesday 9 Oct.

Rained all day.

Wednesday 10 Oct.

Harvested the beetroot .  A very poor crop this year.  For some reason the roots on the majority of the plants didn't swell. Carrots have done well though, we have been eating them for some weeks now and there is still plenty left.

Thursday 11 Oct.

Spent the evening in "Didyabringabeer", listening to the radio and some music.  An earful of Sea Sick Steve, its good stuff.  When it got dark I switched off the lights and lit a few t lights. Had a couple of glasses of wine and woke up in time to go to bed!  I really like it in the shed and for some reason it doesn't seem to get cold.  It made a nice change from sitting in front of the oggle goggle box and playing on the ipad.

Friday 12 Oct.

Its "Double Denim Day" according to Absolute Radio, the preferred radio station in Imprints.  It was decided we would all wear 2 pieces of denim in the shop.  I even dug out my jeans and Nev loaned me a denim shirt.  Just a bit of fun, we took a photo and sent it in to Absolute hoping for a mention on the air waves.  But guess who didn't join in, yep you guessed it, the life and soul of nobody's party, she who goes by the name of Louisa!

The cutlery draw in the kitchen has collapsed.  I suspect we were cramming too much into it.  I think I have managed to repair it but I suspect it is more of a patch up job.  This isn't the first time it has broken.

Saturday 13 Oct.

Went on Facebook for the first time in ages this evening.  Posted a "Hello" and surprisingly got a load of replies.  Ended up having brief chats with people I haven't seen for ages.

My fingers have started to split again.  Really annoying, I thought I had solved this little problem by taking cod liver oil tablets.  I had wanted to have a strum on the guitar but the digits are just too sore.  Boo Hoo, sob sob!  

And there we have it for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment