Sunday 21 October 2012

....To Saturday 20 Oct

Sunday 14 Oct.

A really nice sunny day saw me spending some time in the garden.  A poor harvest of courgettes, I think we got two and one marrow.  I guess the cats using the plot as a toilet didn't help.  I moved one of  the raised beds so they are all in a line now.

Nev came round with his ladders and we cleaned out the grass that was growing in the gutters.

Found a huge dead rat by the tool shed door.  It must have been a good 10 inches long.  Vicious looking creature.

Came across this phot of Mum from our 25 Anniversary party.  I suspect it is not one of her favourite ones!  But the one below is better.  And only goes to show that you will always find us in the kitchen at parties!


Monday 15 Oct.

Bit of a non-day, in that we got up went to work and came home again with nothing much of note in between.  But did you know that Trull has a gold post box? It was painted gold to celebrate Debbie Criddle's (she lives in Trull) gold medal at the Para-Olympics.

Tuesday 16 Oct.

Mum did the weekly shopping today.  She left work at 2pm and called for a lift at 7pm!  She said she met up with Lorna and they went for a coffee.  Must have been a huge cup to last 5 hours!
Strong winds and heavy rains this evening.  This weather has stripped the leaves from the Virginia creeper which makes the outside of the house look very unkempt.

Wednesday 17 Oct.

Restocked the wine store, got a couple bottles of Spanish, a couple of Chilean and a couple of Australian, all reds of course.  Also got a case of Hoegaarden, a Belgian wheat beer which is my favourite tipple of choice at the moment.  More heavy rain this evening.


Sandy Cove Hotel

Thursday 18 Oct.

Andrew told us that he has booked up the Sandy Cove Hotel for the weekend of 24 Nov for the Snelly Brown Fish weekend of fun. This is the same place we went to last year.  Its right on the cliff top near Combe Martin with fabulous views across the bay.  Can't wait.  Rubbish picture, the resolution is so poor, but that's the place.
Da Sisters



Friday 19 Oct. 

A very good day in the shop, takings wise and I have tomorrow off.  Spent the evening in the shed burning off some more garden rubbish.  The pile doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.  Probably drank more wine than I should have and I think I got to bed around 3 ish!  Oooops, that'll be me in the dog house!
Me, Nev and Andrew getting Newted

Found this phot of "Da Sisters" also from the 25 Anniversary party.
And the one below is from early on in the evening at the Newt Festival


Saturday 20 Oct

Hannah thought I was late for work and gave me a shake at 0830 hrs.  But today is my day off and so I snoozed on for a healthy lie in eventually getting up around 1130!  (What a waste of a morning!)  I can confirm that I did drink far too much last evening.  It's not big and its not cleaver, but sometimes it just has to be done.  I guess it's just the way I'm put together. 
We might have to keep the phone calls a little briefer.  Just had the bill for the latest one and it is a little high.  But don't stop giving us a call when you fancy it we'll just have to cut the chat down a bit.
And there we are, another week done.

No comments:

Post a Comment