Sunday 7 April 2013

Easter Bank Holiday Edition Part 2

Sunday 31 Mar

Easter Sunday
Had a bit of a lie in this morning.  Actually it was a longer lie in than I intended.  I forgot the clocks went forward last night and so thinking I was getting up at 9 am it was in fact 10 am!  Duh!
Did the usual Sunday chores, catching up with correspondence and paperwork that I should have really seen to when the letters arrived.
Sowed the carrot, spring onion and beetroot seeds which just leaves the courgettes which will go in at the end of May.
Thought Han was going over to Matt's but got a text saying she was in the flat.  Asked her if she wanted to come home for Sunday lunch but she declined.
Mum cooked the lunch but hardly ate any of it.  She was complaining of a dickie tummy which doesn't seem fair if you spend the time and effort to cook the food and then can't eat it.
Rest of the day spent in front of the TV and ipad!
I have only one Easter egg left, Mum has all of hers because of her upset tum.

Bank Holiday Monday 1 Apr

Not only a Bank Holiday but it is also Granddad's birthday.  I suppose I really should have gone over to see him but I didn't.
A bit of a lazy day watching TV and eating chocolate.
Bought some more home brew stuff on line.
Made a slow cooker beef stew for tea, really tasty.  I tried putting in some chunks of Chorizo sausage (Spanish sausage) and I reckon it improved the flavour.  I suspect you may be very familiar with  Chorizo where you are.

Tuesday 2 Apr

Back to work, loads to do not only with the preparation of printed garments but it is also the end of our VAT quarter and the end of our financial year.  Lots to do with bringing the accounts up to date.
Won £4 on an on-line scratch card!
Mum did the weekly shopping and we finished up yesterday's stew for tea.

Wednesday 3 Apr

The home brew stuff ordered on Monday arrived today - how's that for service?  Got some more Belgian beer and also some "Nelson's Revenge" and 24 plastic bottles to put the ale in.  Thought I'd try bottling it instead of putting it in a barrel.  The barrels seem to have lost their seal which stops the brew brewing.

Thursday 4 Apr

Mum met up with Hannah for lunch in town.  Then in the evening Mum went down to the Winch for a bite to eat with the ladies.  
Our internet connection has been playing up for the last few days, last night was terrible, it would connect for a minute or so and then disconnect for several minutes.  I think I might have to look into getting a new ISP.  It might be worth looking at BT Infinity again.

Friday 5 Apr

Not much in the way of exceptional happenings today.

Saturday 6 Apr

I had today off as apparently this Saturday is the only Saturday this month that Doris can work?!!
Made a start  putting a coat of wood preserver on the shed.  Chose cedar red as this year's colour but you will see from the phots it is quite dark, a little darker than I was expecting.  I took the phots with my iphone, reckon they came out pretty well.  Anyway I got the front done and will do the rest as I fancy it.
This evening we met up with Andrew, Wendy, Nev and Hon down at the Winch for a couple of beers and a bit of a laugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment