Sunday 5 May 2013

The Belgian Beer Glass Edition

Sunday 28 Apr

After my normal paperwork chores I decided to cut the grass back and front.  Then I painted wood preservative on the window frames of the shed.  I was going to see if I could do one side but it looked like we might get some of the wet stuff so I decided not to risk it.
Planted the courgette seeds. As it was reasonably pleasant in the garden, even with the impending wet stuff, I made a start of tidying the left hand side as you look from the house.  I'm in two minds whether to make a pond or to plant more veggies.  I've made a start of turning the soil over.
Haven't heard from Hannah, unless Mum has, she went to Plymouth again this weekend.

Monday 29 Apr

Start of another very busy week in the shop.  Doris phoned in sick!  Over the weekend she had been to Birmingham to see Beyonce.  Make of that what you will.  Reuben won't be in this week because of Exams,  mum has stepped in to do a few extra hours to help out.
My order of four Belgian beer glasses arrived today, got them on e-bay.  I'm very pleased with them.
Did some more digging in the garden before tea.
The Belgian Beer Glasses

Tuesday 30 Apr

Did some more digging in the garden this evening, nearly finished now, I'd forgotten how tiring digging soil is.
Had a relaxing half hour sat in the shed with a beer listening to the funny programme on the radio. 
Checked out a bottle of Nelson's revenge.  Its good but needs another week or so before it will be properly ready.
Bottled the next batch of Gran Cru.  A long wait of six weeks before this one will be ready.

Wednesday 1 May

I can't believe we are in May already.
Worked an extra hour in the shop this evening.  Have you ever had that feeling that you are being swamped with work and not sure that there is enough time to get it done by the deadline?
Doctor Dad got called out to Mambos this afternoon, where Hannah was suffering a nose bleed and couldn't get it to stop.  Apparently it all started with a sneeze!  She invites me to a pub and then doesn't even get me a drink!!!?
Sold my shares in Kingfisher to make a small profit of £16.00 which represents 5.5% interest on my original investment after costs.Not a bad return over 5 months when you can only get about 2% over a year in the banks!

Thursday 2 May

Worked late again this evening but I think we have now broken the back of this load.  least I hope so.
We have a wine merchants opened opposite our shop, so I popped in today to get some supplies for the Bank Holiday.  Wines from all around the world at a reasonable price.  The last I got form Phillipe were really nice.
It doesn't look very impressive right now but
wait til its producing its crop
We no longer have to pay the council a stupid amount per day to park the car.  Reuben's Girlfriend's Mum has rented us a parking space in town for half as much as were paying to park at the Brewhouse.

Friday 3 May

Won £5.00 on an on-line scratch card.
After work sat in the shed with a glass of wine, browsing the gardening book and chilling out until Mum called me in for tea.

Saturday 4 May

Worked on for an hour in the shop.
Sampled a bottle of the Sicilian wine purchased from Phillipe on Thursday.  Not bad but not a favourite.  Minted lamb chops with roasted Mediterranean vegetables (with a chilli from our home grown chilli plant but only in mine) and sautéed potatoes for tea.  Yep, another series of Master Chef has just finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment