Sunday 30 December 2012

The Christmas Edition

Sunday 23 Dec.

Matt gave me a lift into town to collect the car.  I thought I'd just pop into Morrisons to get a couple of things - big mistake, it was full of people going mad.  I got what I wanted and then beat a hasty retreat!
In the evening I dropped Han down to Exeter, she was meeting up with Matt and his family, they were all going out for a family meal.
Mum spent most of the night cooking and baking stuff for Xmas.  I haven't got a clue what time she got to bed.

Christmas Eve.

Finished work at about 1pm.  Took the takings to the bank and then made the local delivery of festive cards.  Mum did a little bit of last minute shopping.  Then it was time  for me to go down the shed and wrap my pressures.  This is the third  Xmas since we took on Imprints. Hardly seems right but it is true.  Everything absolutely normal except a certain person was missing.  I went to bed at about 11pm and Mum did her normal trick of staying up most of the night.  The chance of snow is looking remote.  Lots of rain though.
I heard Mum come up at about 2.30am to get stuff out of her wardrobe but I don't think she got to bed before about 4 am, just like every year!

Christmas Day.

The sun streaming in (it didn't last long)
I think Han was a little disappointed that there was no one to open her Santa stocking presents with at silly o'clock in the morning.  If I remember right I think she may have txt'd.  She is getting better though, I don't think she woke up until 7am.  Absolutely normal Xmas, breakfast first then into the front room with a bottle of Buck's Fizz to open the presents.  Han did me and Mum a stocking.  We all got some really good stuff.  You'll have to wait til you get home to get all of yours, sorry!  Then it was in the kitchen for me to do the dinner whilst Mum and Han sat in the front room.  We had lunch at about 2.30 pm, would you believe it - I forgot to do Yorkshire Puds (yours was the only scratch card that won) and then just chilled in front of the box, which is where we were when you rang.  It was my intention to get loads of photos to put on here but in the end I didn't. But I did manage to get a couple.




Boxing Day.

Mum opening her stocking .
Set off for Kent at about 12.30.  The journey was going well until they closed at A303 at Mere.  We then set off on a rather large detour because Tom Tom kept trying to send us back to where we were diverted from and the diversion wasn't sign posted!  Found out later that the road was closed because of a serious accident.   Got to Chatham at about 5.00 and it rained all the way. 
Terry, Ann and Lisa were the first to arrive (they are usually the last), Kerry turned up on her own.  Margaret and Tom, Sharon, Sarah and Ben (Ben is Sarah's new boyfriend, he plays rugby for Medway, he's a big chap), Jan, Bern and Louise (not forgetting Mylo) and finally John and Cheryl with Tye.  So it wasn't a bad turn out and they all send their love.

Thursday 27 Dec.

Tried something different this year, instead of leaving early afternoon or late morning we didn't leave Nan's until 7pm, so Mum had the day with Nan (most of which was spent with them both snoozing in their chairs and talking to the cat).  The run home was good, the roads were dry and we got back about 1030.

Friday 28 Dec.

Weather lousy again with high winds and rain.  It was announced that this year is the wettest in the UK since records began - really!  Dropped Hannah into work and picked her up again when she finished.  Won £2.00 on an on-line scratch card.

Saturday 29 Dec.

Wet and windy outside again.  
Both me and Mum have managed to get sore throats and colds.  I reckon we brought them back from Chatham.  I don't feel great and Mum is feeling pretty bad too.  Walked round to Trull Stores to get some cough linctus but they didn't have any, at least I couldn't find any.  In fact they don't seem to have much of anything in there any more.  So I ended up going to Tesco after I picked Hannah up from work.
Made a chicken casserole/stew in my new slow cooker for tea.  I thought it was yummy but there was no comment from either Mum or Han.

 Looking forward to hearing about your Peruvian Christmas.  I hope they have managed to restore the fresh water supply at the lodge.  Wishing you a Very Happy Christmas from us all here back in England.  We miss you, sending you loads of love, 

Mum, Dad, Han and the rest of the family

No comments:

Post a Comment